Whenever you called my name,
I responded "mande mami!"
I was raised with manners,
I must listen to mi mama.
I was a good kid
but my curiosity was my fault.
You never punished me though,
you just looked at me with disappointment.
Although, that look made me feel worse that any punishment would.
I knew I made a mistake,
but I had to make that mistake.
I had to find out for myself just what that meant.
You knew that, and always forgave me.
You never took away my curiosity, but let it fester.
My inquiry was my biggest weakness, and now is my biggest strength.
It continues to this day,
questioning just exactly how things are the way they are.
The inquiring mind wants to know,
but you let me find out for myself.
Gracias por todo.
-Tu Hijo Disobediente
I responded "mande mami!"
I was raised with manners,
I must listen to mi mama.
I was a good kid
but my curiosity was my fault.
You never punished me though,
you just looked at me with disappointment.
Although, that look made me feel worse that any punishment would.
I knew I made a mistake,
but I had to make that mistake.
I had to find out for myself just what that meant.
You knew that, and always forgave me.
You never took away my curiosity, but let it fester.
My inquiry was my biggest weakness, and now is my biggest strength.
It continues to this day,
questioning just exactly how things are the way they are.
The inquiring mind wants to know,
but you let me find out for myself.
Gracias por todo.
-Tu Hijo Disobediente

Comments
Post a Comment