41 Westdale Ave
My childhood memories come from this place,
it was like my own paradise.
I spent the entire days playing basketball in the backyard with my brother,
or wet my sister with the hose on the front yard.
The neighbors would get mad when my ball went over the fence.
I still kept playing...
My friends would come pick me up before school,
they would come by and hang out when the house was empty.
The neighbors would get mad when we made too much noise.
We kept being kids...
I had a golden retriever, his name was Skipper.
The neighbors would get mad when he barked too much.
We loved him though...
My mom and dad would argue a lot,
the neighbors would get mad when my dad yelled too loud.
They kept fighting...
My dad would start throwing things,
The neighbors would get mad when he punched hole in the wall.
The police came...
Mom said we had to go,
we had to leave our home,
we had to leave our dog,
we had to leave our friends.
There was a better place to live...
Everytime we find some place,
there is someone who does not want us there.
They charge too much or raise our rent.
I no longer know where is home.

Comments
Post a Comment